Chronicles the struggle of a Lakota Indian family to develop a hemp
industry on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
Produced by Prairie Dust Films.
• Broadcast on PBS POV
• Audience Choice Award for Best Documentary at Sedona Int’l
• Audience Award, Big Muddy Film Festival, Southern Illinois University
• High Times’ 2007 Stony Award for Best Documentary
• International Documentary Association (IDA) nomination for Pare
Lorentz Distinguished Documentary Achievement Awards
A cross-cultural documentary about human rights.
Shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Premiered at
Chicago’s Gene Siskel Film Center and selected for
screening at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Funded by grants from the National Endowment
for the Arts and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Produced by Silvia Malagrino.
• Cine Golden Eagle Award, 2005
• Aurora Platinum Best of Show: Documentary
• Aurora Gold Award: Direction
• Best Feature Documentary Prize,
• ReelHeArt International Film Festival, Toronto
A documentary about men and women wrongly
sentenced to death who lived to tell about it.
Premiered at Chicago International Documentary
Film Festival; chosen as audience favorite.
Produced by Brainchild Productions.
• Jury Prize, Indianapolis Film Festival
• Winner, Crystal Heart Award for documentary feature
VOICES OF THE GENIZA
Depicts the life in Cairo between 1000 and 1300 AD.
Produced with Brainchild Production for Spertus Museum of Judaic
• American Association of Museums "MUSE" Award Winner
for best video production.
RETURN OF THE NAVAJO BOY
A filmmaker’s son returns an old film to the Navajo
Indians, and a series of incredible events ensues.
Edited for Spitz productions, Chicago, Illinois
• Premiered at Sundance Film Festival, January 2000
• Best Documentary at Aboriginal Voices Film
• Programmer’s Choice Award, Toronto
• International Environmental Film Festival
• Sundance Film Festival Official Selection American Indian Film & Video
Festival (San Francisco)
• Society for Visual Anthropology Award
• Audience Award, Durango Film Festival
• American Indian Film & Video Festival Honoree (SF)
• Native American Film & Video Festival Honoree (NY)
• Selected to represent the United States at INPUT/2001, the international
public television conference in Cape Town, South Africa
IN THE SHADOW OF MEMORY
A film about the Nazi destruction of the Czech
village, Lidice, focusing on the long term
effects of the tragedy.
Produced for the Collective Image and
Comforty Media Concepts, Chicago, IL
• Cine Golden Eagle
• Audience award, Jerusalem Film Festival
Broadcast nationally on PBS.
Edited for Pioneer Productions, New York, NY
• Emmy Nomination, Outstanding Program;
• Gold Plaque, Chicago International Film Festival;
• Golden Athena, Athens International Film Festival;
• Editors’ Choice, Booklist, American
• John Muir Medical Film Festival, Silver Certificate
• Cine Gold Eagle;
• Bronze Plaque, Columbus International Film Festival;
• First Place, National Council on Family Relations;
• National Media Award, Honorable Mention,
Retirement Research Foundation.